Welcome!

A former Lutheran pastor sharing thoughts on faith and life. Please join the conversation! I love your comments!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring Break Lessons

Wow!  It has been a very lively Spring Break.  Because of all the unexpected adventures we have had over the last week, I haven't had much time to think about a blog.  So, I decided I would just share some of the lessons that I have learned or had reinforced this week.   I spent part of my week taking care of an injured baby goat.  At this point it looks like that will end sadly so I will leave it at that.   That experience and the other adventures of the week have taught me a great deal.  Here are the top ten that come to mind:

1.  Planning often turns out to be a pointless mental exercise.
2.  At times, "controlled burn" becomes an oxymoron.
3.  Volunteer Firefighters are awesome people!  Lots of love to you all!
4.  Just because it is Spring does not mean the germs will go away.
5.  Incredible cuteness, huge amounts of spunk, and heartbreaking reality can come wrapped up in one little bundle.
6. Caring for babies, even animal babies, means lots of laundry.  (I have been peed on, pooped on, and soaked in milk.  I don't know if goats vomit but if they do I wonder how I missed that.)
7. Things that were exciting when you were a child become enormously stressful and no fun at all when you become an adult and responsibility is added to the mix.
8.  A little stress can make Lenten promises much harder to keep.
9.  Children can become much braver and dumber when in a group of other children.
10. And finally, this I have known for years but it is reaffirmed again:  Spring Break goes too fast!

I'd love to hear some of your favorite Spring Break adventures, recent or from years past.  I think I will remember this Spring Break for years to come.  Although some of it I could stand to forget!

No comments: